Sorry for the lapse in posting… I’ve been a slacker.
January was a very busy month for us. We had a great New Year, worked around the house a little bit, and visited our family in California.
We took Noel and Karen’s newest toy out for a spin….
And we went to a comedy show…
I’ve been experimenting in the kitchen quite a bit too. 😀
I made Pesto Chicken Pizza :
(Recipe from: Pampered Chef)
(Recipe from:So Rumbly In My Tumbly)
(Recipe from: The Girl Who Ate Everything )
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites:
(From: Stephanie’s Kitchen)
And I made a Mickey Mouse cake to celebrate Kathy’s (my mother in law’s) birthday in December:
Now that I’ve made you hungry…
We took a pretty big break on the renovations in January… the only thing I really did was the floor thresholds. I could have purchased the Pergo ones that went with the floors but they were insanely expensive. Instead we went to Home Depot and bought thresholds that were bare, untreated wood.
These thresholds were about $4 each. They had little holes in them because they were intended to be screwed into a sub floor Because we tore up everything down to the concrete, we had nothing to screw these into, so I filled in the holes with wood putty and turned to my handy silicone to secure them.
Leon helped me cut each threshold down to the appropriate size for each doorway and then I sanded the untreated thresholds down, chose a stain that matched our floor, and applied a few coats of stain and polyurethane.
In the photo above, the threshold on top has about 6 coats of the stain and the others have only 1-2.
Here is a close up of the finished product:
Then I just applied a liberal amount of silicone to the floor and allowed them to dry for about 24 hours.
And here is what they look like now:
You’d never know they were home-made!
More to come!